The tenement house at Foksal 15 street was erected in 1895 for builder Artur Spitzbarth according to a design by an unknown architect. Most probably
the building was designed by the owner himself, who was responsible for several other Warsaw tenement house projects implemented at that time. The
building was erected with the use of extremly pompous eclectic style, and was then considered as one of the most magnificent Warsaw tenement houses,
often reffered to as "palace tenements".
The tenement fortunately survived the destruction of the city between 1939 and 1945 without any serious damage. After 1945 the building was
nationalised and adapted as municipal flats. In the later years the building was badly maintained, started to fall apart, and due to that was
abandoned and closed in 2007.
In 2016 the process of renovation started. According to a design made by Proart Architectural Office the building is overgoing a renovation,
reconstruction and superstructuring with renovation of the historic facade.