Investment Credit Association building in Łódź was erected as the second of it’s kind in the Kingdom of Poland. The design was attributed to the
city’s official architect, Hilary Majewski. Between the years 1908 and 1910 the building was extended with a west wing, and in the years 1932-1933
with a new eastern wing. In 1949 the Investment Credit Association was activities were shut down and it’s building was nationalized, later adopted
for the Dental Institute of the City of Łódź Medical Academy. Between the years 2008 and 2011 the former Investment Credit Association building
underwent a major renewing and restoration program for future office/public spaces with the reconstruction and supplementation of the original
During the renovation, all incomplete or damaged historical details were reconstructed, with the inclusion of e.g. terazzo floors, stucco
ornament, pictorial decoration and original coloring. Some rooms were finished with new-made late XIX th. century eclectic stucco ornaments under the
permission of the City of Łódź Conservator Office. While the renovation continued, all elevations and both gate passageways were cleaned with the
reconstruction of all missing architectural details. The building’s original equipment was supplemented with apropriate lighting of the interiors
and the facade. The renewed former Investment Credit Association building was re-opened for public in the fall of 2011.
In 2011 the building was prized with "The best interior in 2011" award and "The best conservation example in 2011" award, given by the Piotrkowska
Street Foundation together with the City of Łódź Architects Chamber and tje City od Łódź division of Polish Association of Architects (SARP).