The building at no. 4 Szpitalna street (hip. 1528 a) was erected in 1937 on the order of Eleonore A. Whitehead-Wedel (1884-1956), the daughter of Emil
Wedel. The building was built according to as design by architect Zdzisław Mączeński, connected with the Wedel family at that time. The tenement at
no. 4 Szpitalna street was considered to be one of the best examples of the luxurious funcionalism style of the 2nd part of the 1930s.
In 1944 the building was damaged during bombing and lost a severe part of the 4th floor. The reconstruction was carried out in 1945, probably with
the help of Z. Mączeński himself. During the reconstruction, the top floor was divided to smaller apartaments. The original stone cladding of the
facade on the 4th floor was not reconstructed. After 1945 the building was used according it's original purpose.
The project includes the renovation of the front and back elevations as well as the main staircase.